Tuesday 22 August 2017

maenan baru



Hello! Back with me Veza the K-Pop Trash! πŸ˜…!
As a K-Pop trash, I wait for my favorite singers or group to make a comeback, as well as scanning new ones in between, coz I’m easily bored. LOL. (even though there are times when I was too lazy to listen to new K-Pop..)
In my past post, I rave about a group called Monsta-X, where one of the members name Jooheon really caught my eyes because of his reverse-charm. He’s swaggy and bad (not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good you know! -CL) with his music, but full of cuteness in person, or at least for his fans. I love these kinda thing in person, even though I don’t really wanna be mainstream and raving about Blackpink’s Jennie here. (I LUV THEM TOO THOUGH!). And I wanna make this post especially for boygroups anywayz..
Dedek Manny
There is a new boygroup called Varsity. They are Korean-Chinese group (I guess..?) that caught my attention because one of the bazillion members (it’s actually 12..) named Manny are Chinese-Moslem. Wow! That’s a first! And OMG he’s only 16! Jeon Somi’s 친ꡬ! But truthfully I think I just listen to their song titled "U R My Only One" once or maybe twice and doesn’t really move me. I've tried to listen their song again after made this post a draft, but still, didn't catch me -_-
 
Beside, they don’t show their variety or “human-ness” on TV which makes me forget about them. I only see their robotic-dol side and yet to see their normal-ish side and interaction between them (well they have a v-live account but I never see it yet). I know I should really do more researchs about them.. but, not now, I guess..



I have really high expectation on a group called MVP, because, one of the members named Gitaek was on a group called Mr.Mr. with stage name Ryu. This group (Mr.Mr) is one of the underdog below the radar groups that actually talented enough and had nice musicality. They seemed nice (and crazy) too from a few of show when they can show their “normal” side. Anyways, he was out because his agency doesn’t treat him well, even abused him physically. 

Sooooooo sad because he was the main singer T_T and his voice is no joke! I followed his Instagram until it becomes inactive because he was starting to re-debut under MVP and tell his fans to switch to their group’s Instagram instead. After they were debuting, I feel kinda dissapointed because the song titled Take It (선택해 Seontaekhae) is sooo very similar to a song from a group called LC9 titled Mama Beat (it's just the intro though, about 10 seconds of music). 
LC9 actually already disbanded (and they are not a big boygroup anyway), but I just soooo mad at the similarity, even though the song is not bad.
And ofcourse in this MVP, Gitaek again take the title as the main singer (and the person who’s responsible in increasing the average height in the group, LOL, he’s like giant between his members!!! Something that’s not seen when he’s still in Mr.Mr!).
"Big Man" is the last promotion(?) of Gitaek (second from our right) as Mr.Mr member 


After that debut song in March-April 2017, they don’t really have any follow ups which drowned them in λˆ„κ΅¬’s world of idols. Again, they have a v-live account, but if their fans don’t post them on youtube, there’s a very small chance I even want to watch..
And I don't really like those stiff-ish interview-ish show so much anyway..




If you didn’t know already, I have soft spot with tall model-dols. 9muses, X5 slash Lu:Kus (where are you guys now???? ), VIXX, and Mr.Mr. are some of the group that are giants when they are with other fellow idols. Well actually they have to provide good music too to make me a fan. I know one or two self-proclaimed model-dols who doesn't even caught my eyes and ears though..

 
predebut era, forgive the bobbed hair boy here, LOL
But recently, K-Pop introduce me to a group called KNK or ν¬λ‚˜ν° (read: Keunakeun). Average height of 184,8 cms, with the tallest being 189 cm and the shortest is 180 cm (who look like he’s shorter than 180 when he’s with his member though, LOL) nice music, nice english lyrics (the grammar is fine and don’t feel just to make it cool, yaknowwatimsayin.. just few slips in pronounciation here and there) and ofcourse, their crazy funny attitude in real life (or what they want you to believe that’s it’s their real life, LOL).

Their youtube channel has a lot of backstage cuts and vlog-ish stuff when they being as loonatics as I like they are OMG I SO LOVE THEM!!! (sadly english subs is so limited to few videos T_T)  One of their fans even post a video containing a compilation of “KNK x Floor featuring their weird laughs”. And other fans commented: “They're all so tall you'd think they'd have a better relationship with the ceiling.GOD HELP ME ROTFLMAOUID (Rolling On The Floor Laugh My Ass Off Until I Die).

I feel like I'm a sinner when I just know that they are debuting in early 2016. WHERE HAVE I BEEN????? Their title songs after 3 comebacks (or 4? i don't really know..) are always nice (even though the note is always sooooo high when I want to try to sing along T_T)

And for their 4th (or 5th???) comeback song titled “Rain” ? Geez... Their choreography??? Lawd! Orgasmic! Their MR Removed performance? ON POINT. I can’t even point any bad thing. (except they pronounce “sleep” like “seuleep”. LOL konglish detected).

OMG he's so pretty as a Harley Quinn!
I thought I just gonna introduce the members (and maybe try to pull anyone read this post drowned in their charms, LOL)
The first member named Kim Youjin. He's the oldest, born in early '93 (my 친ꡬ, LOL), Pisces, considered the most normal member (so he's kinda the outcast member, yaknow,,) but not really after i see this picture ->



He has 3 little brothers in his family, so, why not having another 4 little brothers as a team members? LOL. Sometimes he can be scary to his members, but then again, it can't stop the members tease them ;D

In Korea, skinship between men is (kinda) acceptable, maybe just like Arab countries where men "kissing" another men's cheek (I mean cheek to cheek kiss) is sooo normal. But Youjin is one of the low population of men in Korea that hates skinship between men (I know I exaggerate it so much, LOL, sorry..). Sadly, his members sometimes even go overboard with skinship between them and in A LOT of videos, you can see Youjin suffers. LOL

The second member is Park Seungjun. The '93 born member is the tallest modelesque member so he's the visual of the group. Sometimes being a visual of the group makes their talent vanished in people's eyes. But at least he can rap, dance, and sing good enough.
Also I feel like there's a prejudice that tall people is not good at dancing and stuff, but he proofed on some youtube clips that he's the most flexible member. COOL!
He has that "reverse-charm" too, when he's singing on stage, he's charismatic and full of fanservice, but out of stage he's soo cute and his laugh is just .............................................................................
If I ever can describe it, it sounds like an old chair being shaken like crazy... if that even make sense... LOL! He's a Scorpio, maybe that can explain why sometimes he can laugh by himself even when the funny thing is already over.

The third member is Jung Inseong. He's the main vocal (or lead.. 6 years of listening and enjoying  K-Pop but still can't differentiate Lead and Main. #sobs..). All that I know is the '94 born dude is basically sings the most part of their songs. Outside of the stage, he's THE MOST NOISY member because he talks the loudest and can't stop talking. He's the member who "MC" their v-app shows the most too.. He's a Cancer.
I searched for pictures for this post and I just know that there are rumours about him secretly dating a girlgroup member. Well,, whatevs,, been hurt by a lot of idols before because of their love news make me realize that I will never had a chance with any of them anyways so now when Idol A dating Idol B news broke, I'm not that shocked, as long as they are not disbanded or kicked out. PEOPLE, LET ANY OF THEM DATE PLZ! LEAVE THEM ALONE!


The fourth member is Kim Jihun. The Aquarian '95-ers is almost a maknae (youngest of bunch) but he's the leader of the group! Usually from what I know, leaders in boy or girlgroups is the oldest, or maybe the most mature/respected one from the group (sooooo not him LOL). Jihun was picked as a leader because he has the longest trainee time in their agency YNB Entertainment. The other members has long training period too, but they had switched agencies before coming into YNB. He is incharge of dancing (and being cute, LOL). On one of their v-app videos, he charismaticly fix the members dance steps and gestures just like a real dance teacher. He even make the choreography for some of their song. And, yeah, HE'S MY BIAS! Even though sometimes he doesn't look like he's interested in being a KNK member (this is also exaggerating, LOL, sorry..). For me, he has the same face features like Nu'est Dongho. (well maybe I will say the same thing to all people who has monolid but long eyes, LOL)

Last but not least, the real Taurus maknae Oh Heejun. When other boygroup's leader born in '96, in KNK he still the maknae. KNK is kinda late bloomer (can I even say that, LOL sorry). He's the maknae, the shortest and lightest (body weight) member. I can't understand how skinny he is, coz my skinny friend weighs about the same but like 15 cms shorter than Heejun is. PLEASE GAIN SOME WEIGHT OR MUSCLES HEEJUN-NIM!

soooo smol in the middol!
KNK, Bestie, and Almeng. See Heejun (far right) is not short!
In his profile, he listed as 180 cm (5'11"), but when he's standing in a line with his members, he looked soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo short like WHY? But when he's with other people on some shows, he still managed to look taller than everyone (ofcourse except his members, LOL sad). He was a dancer with Seungjun, Inseong and Jihun in their girl group sunbae's performance named Bestie. Bestie is a four member girlgroup which three of them was debuting as EXID members. Long story short, they were out and joined by one trainee to re-debut as Bestie. They are one of the tall girlgroup in the industry (average height about 167 cm or 5'6"-ish). But in this dance practice video for one of their title song, they dance with +- 10 cm (+-4") heels yet still a tad shorter than Heejun. Although on music shows the girls wore shorter heels for their performance, they don't want their lovely maknae hoobae look short on TV.. LOL sunbae love! Heejun likes to overexaggerate his action by falling down on the floor like one of the gifs I posted up there (yes these are 3 clickbait videos featuring The Leader).

I also like the fact that the members are using their real name as their stage name too! Sounds very elegant and feels like they are very embracing what their parents' gave to them! (again overexaggerating, LOL)
Even though I don't understand why some people called Seungjun as Gyeongbok. I initially thought that it's his real name since his grandma also called him that, but his little brother name is Taejun (siblings usually has one same syllable, like seung-JUN and tae-JUN), I think it's a really precious nickname that has a loooong story behind it. I actually watch one of their v-app where Seungjun talked about it but I don't understand since there's no english sub and I forget what show it is T_T

They really really need attention and a number one song! But like always for "Rain" they can’t compete with giant groups that coincidentally having comebacks at the same time like EXO, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, and others .. (except maybe they did a controversial things like EXID Hani’s dancing in her fans’ fancam..)
Well, maybe being number one won’t always be a good thing. Lately I’m kinda getting sick with giant groups, I even don’t really expect anything with Girls’ Generation 10th anniversary comeback. Maybe as long as a group is still making profit, reaching BEP as soon as possible, getting much love and anticipation from their fans, that group will last long enough. Hope they can survive through any messy things they could run into!

I actually have an eye on other boygroups such as Pentagon (Cube Ent.) and SF9 (FNC Ent.) since they are from big agency. The music is kinda nice too, but remembering 19 members from that 2 groups is a hassle, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment